Friday 6 March 2009

New cockpit for Pinky



Finally! I can say now, my King Zing is nearly done! Just nearly, because couple of small steps are missing (Record headset and Nokon cables). But the last major issue has got sorted. 
I had a lots of play the stem's size before I found the right one. My last stem was a 120mm long FSA K Force. Size was ok, but I didn't like the look on my bike and was a bit heavy. My new choice was the Ritchey WCS white stem in 120mm size. I saved nearly 100 gramms with this change and looks really good on the bike.(Ritchey's weight: 123gr , FSA's weight 218gr)
My other problem was a handlebar. I had a Ritchey WCS Streem with 44cm width. This was a really bad choice. Usually I like Ritchey products but this handlebar's shape was a nightmare. I couldn't fit the ergolevers on the right position, the handlebar's top wasn't comfy and the 44 cm was too wide for my chicken shoulders. After long speculation, my final (and hope the right one) choice was the Ritchey WCS Evolution SL with 42cm width. I really like this handlebar's shape, finally I could fit the ergolevers on the right position and the weight's is really good, 193gr , what is 65gr lighter then the Streem.  
I saved all together 150gr again..... 
I fitted already and finished with white Fizik bartape yesterday afternoon. It looks tasty! :D I am looking forward the first test!

No comments: